Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Autumn Glory


My latest project.... first stage.  "Autumn Glory", designed by Carole McLellan, Maggie Robertson Design, Traralgon

I can't wait to start on the next Sawtooth border.
The colours are even more vibrant in real life.


The wondrous Mt Beauty and Kiewa Valley in Autumn!
Plenty of sewing and sunshine
A champagne chill in the air, sunny blue skies, red and golden foliage...
 A weekend in the High Country, with friends, warm hospitality, lots of laughs, sparkling wine and chocolate!




Now, I've finally finished the Robe Harbour Quilt (apart from some hand-quilting).

Fabrics and pattern (Give and Take), from quilt and fabric shop "The Secret Drawer", Robe, South Australia  - slightly modified by me.  Thanks to Sandra Ludwig, for helping with the fabric choice. (February 2011)



Inspiration for colours was from the gorgeous aqua, turquoise & sea-green water, and clear blue skies, of the Robe Harbour, the yellow sand and majestic dark green pine trees along the foreshore.

Doesn't it look stunning, draped across the railing against the majestic backdrop of mountains and sky!


1 comment:

  1. Hello, Lisa. I wanted to thank you for asking about the border of my blanket (@ Lanas & Hilos). I forgot to mention it, but now it is fixed.
    And I wanted to commend you on your "autum" scarf. It is looking beautiful. I imagine you can´t wait to finish it so you can wear it...
    Cheers,
    Ana BC

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you :)